Since its launch in 2008, the Roku Stick has changed the face of entertainment as it replaces the expensive cable setups and in turn, offers a compact, all-inclusive streaming solution.
Through Roku devices—and with the introduction of smart TVs and Android TVs—you can now stream content on your TV.
The best part of using Roku is that it allows you to stream content from Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney Plus, BBC One, HBO, Red Bull TV, YouTube, TV Player, Sky News, BBC Sports, and many other OTT services.
With Roku, you can subscribe to channels like STV Player, BBC iPlayer, and many more. When you subscribe to these channels, you can watch movies, TV shows, web series and also popular music videos on channels like Deezer, Vivo, YouTube, BoxPlus and TuneIn for free.
Besides that, Roku is user-friendly and supports a large number of media formats, so all you need is your Roku device and Roku account credentials to get started with it!
But, what might disappoint you when using Roku is that it doesn’t come with a browser to stream media content outside the device. Even with this downside, you can take a sigh of relief knowing that Roku devices are compatible with various third-party internet browsers for streaming content.
This means, using a separate web browser, you can stream content on Roku via the Internet.
However, this raises the question—“ Which browser is best to stream or play content on a Roku device?”
So, to answer the same, we’ve listed here the top ten browsers that work great with Roku TV, Roku Stick, or Roku Box.
Having said that, let us read on to know about them, their features and their other details including their pros and cons—
List of 9 Best Internet Browsers to Use for Roku TV
Not to mention, we’ve listed Xfinity on top because if you’re looking for a reliable and good internet browser for Roku then, Xfinity is an excellent choice. Product from Chromecast, Xfinity comes with more than 250 live TV features.
Besides that, it makes streaming TV shows, movies, news, sports, video, documentaries, and music much easier as it has become a full-fledged streaming service.
What else is interesting to know about Xfinity is that you can use this web browser not only on TV but easily on your smartphone or tablet also.
It lets you download the TV shows and movies in the separate Library section for watching later.
Apart from this, its screencast feature allows you to cast content from smartphones or tablets to your Roku TV and also to let you watch the news and live sports. However, a little patience is required to understand all the features of Xfinity.
Also, that is not all. Another intriguing feature of this browser is that— its high-quality video resolution for all formats offer you the best possible viewing experience, whether online or offline.
Above all, it provides 24/7 customer support to give you the peace of mind that your concerns will be addressed.
To Download Xfinity: Click on this Link
2. The Roku Channel
Named after the device itself, the Roku Channel is one of the top-notch web browsers. It lets you surf the internet effortlessly to stream a wide range of content from its platform including current news, live sports matches, TV shows, and your preferred video, etc.
Besides that, what’s more to know about this browser is that it provides free access to exciting series, blockbuster movies, TV shows, 24/7 live news (only available in Canada & the United States) and popular children’s entertainment.
And, unlike most internet browsers available for Roku, it lets you download most of its content and keeps its users entertained with the latest updates.
To Download The Roku Channel: Click on this Link
Next on the list is Opera. The reason why Opera is considered as one of the best browsers for Roku is its lightweight nature and fast engine which answers the queries of the users in the shortest possible time.
Not only you can enjoy faster web browsing experience on Opera, it boasts to have Straightforward UI and Video pop-out feature for YouTube
Furthermore, it has excellent integration with the VPN service, which helps users to unlock unlimited entertainment content in no time while protecting your digital identity.
And, guess what, to use Opera, like any traditional web browser, you need to have the streaming device attached to your Windows computer and any normal keyboard to search.
The only downside is that the setup process requires time and effort.
But, overall, Opera provides a hassle-free experience for navigating the web on Roku devices. So, you won’t regret having it as your choice among the best browsers to use on your Roku device.
To Download Opera: Click on this Link
4. Web Browser X
Next on the list is Web browser X. This is undoubtedly one of the most popular web browsers to consider for Roku as it comes with a simple and easy to use interface.
Although it is a paid browser, it is good enough to use as it helps you to stream content fast from the clean interface and also, it ensures smooth data flow and battery conservation.
This means, using Web Browser X, you can easily visit websites, bookmark your favorite webpages and do more than just basic browsing.
However, what might frustrate you is that it won’t handle it well if you try to browse media content on YouTube.
But, if you can deal with it, there’s no reason not to make it your browser of choice.
When it comes to features, it is considered an excellent fit for the Roku TV. To list a few, let us tell you—
- It has a great bundle of privacy and security setting options to ensure the privacy and security of the users.
- It also has lots of built-in shortcuts that make browsing more convenient.
- It is fully customizable, all thanks to its various configuration options.
Furthermore, Web Browser X allows you to save your homepage for later use and at the same time, it will ensure that you enjoy ad-free surfing.
So, reading all this about Web Browser X, if you’ve made up your mind, note that you can navigate the pages on this browser by using the buttons on your Roku remote that are located left, right, up, and down.
To Download Web Browser X: Click on this Link
5. Safari Browser
It needs no introduction as the fast speed and navigable browsing features of the same have made it a favorite among Roku users.
This is the best graphical internet browser from Apple. In addition to being used on Apple products such as the iPhone, iPad, and Mac; it can be downloaded from the Roku Store to be used on your Roku TV for surfing the web.
It has a user-friendly and easy to navigate web browser that comes with a simple design. Also, it offers fast speed and variety of content for streaming.
However, the downside of using the Safari web browser is that carpet bombing can sometimes generate some errors and also, users need to be patient for some time to understand the procedures properly.
But still, you will not regret considering it as one of your favorite browsers for using it on your Roku device as it offers enough privacy and security during the web surfing.
To Download Safari Web Browser: Click on this Link
6. Firefox Web Browser
Mozilla’s Firefox is one of the well-known and free-to-use browsers available for all devices, including smartphones, PCs, TVs, and more.
Among internet users, it has another level of craze as it is easy to use and has a friendly interface. Also, it provides a wide range of tools to help users find and access relevant content.
Apart from all this, the most interesting fact about Firefox is that it is a popular app from Mozilla that easily connects to Roku devices to help you stream your videos on Roku TV.
So, if you consider using it on your Roku TV, all you need to do is install it on your mobile phone, register yourself on the same using your email address, and simply link it to your Roku device.
In this regard, it is worth mentioning that, it will be easier to discover streaming sites and stream all your favorite TV shows, series, live channels, sports, news, and more if your mobile phone and Roku use the same Wi-Fi network.
Above all, you can get the best results using the beta version of Firefox on your Roku device because then, it lets you share website links and stream high quality videos in multiple formats including MOV, MKV, M4V and MP4.
To Download Firefox Web Browser: Click on this Link
7. Web Video Caster
This feature-packed browser supports a variety of streaming devices, so you can use it to stream video from the web directly to your Roku TV also.
It was developed by Instantbits and is regarded as one of the top mobile browsers for casting video, including movies, TV shows, news, and live-streams of sports, as well as IPTV on your respective Roku TV.
In addition to supporting all types of streaming devices and allowing direct streaming from the web; Web Video Caster also lets you cast local videos stored on your mobile.
Apart from this, this particular browser also has a unique feature called ‘Integrated OpenSubtitles Website’— using which you can download all the subtitles of any video content to use them while casting a video from your iOS or Android device.
Another thing to mention about Web Video Caster is that it has an intuitive IX design that makes your streaming experience a lot better. Furthermore, it allows users to create home screen shortcuts and view browsing history easily.
Not only does it support Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, DLNA receivers, and more; its premium version, which costs around $4.99 per month, comes with additional features and perks such as creating playlists, personalizing the home screen, bookmarking, and more.
So, overall, this browser is worth considering for browsing websites, watching live streaming, TV shows, movies, videos, and more on your Roku device.
To Download Web Video Caster Browser: Click on this Link
8. Media Browser
This is another wonderful browser to consider for using on Roku. The media browser is supported by Roku and will allow you to surf the Internet seamlessly, even on content-heavy websites.
Simply put, it is an excellent browser that provides enough speed to make navigation easy even when there are hundreds of thousands of files on the website.
In addition, Media Browser offers competitions in different pixel sizes and, it automatically translates the content for users ease.
However, to use this browser, make sure that it runs on your local network. In this regard, it is also worth mentioning that the media browser integrates well with Windows Media Center so that you can play your videos and watch your movies and other content with ease.
Above all, Media Browser lets you configure plugins and customize colors and themes for a more seamless experience.
With all that in mind, if you decide to use Media Browser on your Roku device, all it takes is installing the Media Browser server and running it on a local network. After that, it keeps on upgrading the web browser with minor updates such as photo slideshows, Live TV, and the ability to remotely control the media browser using other apps, etc.
To Download Media Browser: Click on this Link
9. POPRISM Web Browser
Last but not least, this browser also works well on Roku as it is an efficient browser that performs most of the tasks like a standard browser can do.
Also, Poprism claims to deliver all text-based content. But, not supporting the existing graphics and just displaying the text in an unformatted and clumsy way—might disappoint some of you.
So, because it offers a plain and standard view when it comes to interface, don’t set your expectations too high with POPRISM.
However, what may catch your attention is that it has a test-driven user interface and formats all websites appropriately.
Overall, navigating within web pages on POPRISM can be done quickly with the “up, down, left, right and return” keys on the Roku remote.
To Download POPRISM Web Browser: Click on this Link
So, these are the 9 best web browsers that can be easily used with Roku devices. They will allow you to seamlessly surf the Internet on your Roku TV.
|Q: Is There a Free Web Browser for Roku?|
A: If you are wondering whether there is a free web browser for roku or not then, yes there are many available like Web Browser X. However, instead of searching them here and there, you can check the above-list to download any of the top web browsers for your Roku device.
Now before we conclude, let us also show you how to screen-cast your device browser to Roku.
Note: The process of Screencasting is really easy and can be done seamlessly on any Smart TV, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone!
Have a look—
How to Cast a Web Browser from Windows to Your Roku Device?
You might not know that the best way to use a web browser on a Roku is to cast a browser from your Windows to your Roku device because it offers the least amount of resolution distortion. So, considering that, here’s how you can cast a web browser to your Roku device from Windows O.S.—
- Step 1: First of all, you’ve to check whether your Roku device is using the latest 7.7 version of Google’s operating system. To check about the same, what all you need to do is go to ‘Settings’ then, ‘System’ and there, in the ‘About’ section look for which version is your Roku device running on.
- Step 2: In doing so, if you find out that your Rodu device isn’t using the latest version 7.7 of Google’s operating system then, what you require doing is go to ‘SystemUpdate’ inside ‘Settings’ and from there, select ‘Check Now’ option to install the latest version available.
- Step 3: Once you do so, just wait for the process to complete and after that, on your Windows PC, open the ‘Action Center’ and click on the ‘Link’ located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Next, click the ‘Connect’ tile or click ‘Expand’ if you can’t see the tile on the screen immediately.
- Step 6: After that, click on the option “Allow Windows to scan your Roku device” and let the scanning process begin which hardly takes up to 30 seconds.
- Step 7: Wait till the scanning process completes and right after that, see the ‘List of devices’ and in that, click on the ‘Roku Name’ that appears after scanning.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and right after that, look for ‘List of devices’ and click on ‘Roku Name’ that appears in the list, after scanning.
- Step 8: As you do this, the name of the Roku will initiate the connection and when the connection is successfully established, you can start surfing through your favorite web browser on your Roku device.
Note: If you want to disable casting then, to do so, you’ll need to select ‘Stop watching videos on your Roku TV screen.’ Or, you can just hit the ‘Disconnect Windows’ option.
How to Cast a Web Browser from Android to Your Roku Device?
If you want to cast an internet browser from an Android tablet or phone to a Roku device then, simply you need to follow these steps—
- Step 1: To start the process, you will first need to open the ‘Settings’ app of your respective Android phone.
- Step 2: Then, go to ‘Connected Devices’ inside settings.
- Step 3: From there, tap on the ‘Pair New Devices’ option.
- Step 4: After that, you’ll need to wait for Android’s Roku streaming stick or set-top box to automatically detect it.
- Step 5: When your Roku device is detected, tap ‘Roku Name’ and just wait for the connection to initialize.
- Step 6: Now, as soon as the connection is established, all you have to do is open the web browser that you want to use on your Roku.
Since Roku now supports Apple, you can also cast a web browser from your iPad, iPhone, or Macbook to your Roku 4K devices.
How to Cast a Web Browser from iPhone to Your Roku Device?
In order to cast web browser from your iPhone O.S to your Roku device, take a look at the steps that need to be followed—
- Step 1: Firstly, open the ‘Control Center’ on your iPhone. To do that, you have to pull down the display from the top corner and then, swipe down on the bottom of your iPhone’s screen.
- Step 2: Next, you have to tap on the ‘Screen mirroring’ option from the Control Center, which will be shown by a symbol with two rectangles stacked on top of each other.
- Step 3: After that, you need to select your ‘Roku device’ and when you select your Roku device, you will see a code on your television.
- Step 4: Now, you have to enter the code on your iPhone that you received on your television
- Step 5: Upon entering the code, simply press ‘OK’ to connect the iPhone to your Roku via the mirroring app.
How to Cast a Web Browser from Mac OS to Your Roku Device?
Likewise, if you want to cast a browser from your Mac OS to your Roku TV, you can use a tool called “Mirror for Roku.” This tool is especially created for TVs that run on Roku OS, so without any doubt it’s an excellent option to mirror Mac to Roku. Having said so, here are the steps to be followed to cast a web browser to your Roku device from Mac O.S.—
- Step 1: On your Mac, you’ve to first download and install the Mirror for Roku tool.
- Step 2: Once downloaded and installed, open the Mirror for Roku tool and simply start searching for nearby Roku devices using the same.
- Step 3: Now that your Mac OS detects a nearby Roku device, you just need to click the ‘Connect’ button to connect to it.
- Step 4: Once connected, you’re all set to start casting anything from your Mac OS to your Roku TV.
That’s all! In this post, we have listed and discussed 9 best third-party internet browsers that can definitely be used for Roku devices. Furthermore, this guide not only helps you choose the best browser to use for your Roku device, but also helps you with how you can screencast them on your Roku platform from different O.S.