Introduction of Guduchi(Giloy)
You must have heard many things about Giloy and probably also know about some of the benefits of Giloy, but it is sure that you will not know as much about Giloy as we are going to tell you. Many beneficial things have been told about Giloy in Ayurvedic texts. In Ayurveda, it is considered a rasayana which is good for health.
Giloy leaves are astringent, bitter and pungent in taste. Vata-pitta and Kapha can be cured by using Giloy. It is easy to digest, increases appetite, as well as is beneficial for the eyes. You can take advantage of the use of Giloy in thirst, burning, diabetes, leprosy and jaundice. Along with this, it increases semen and intelligence and is also used in fever, vomiting, dry cough, hiccups, piles, tuberculosis, urinary diseases. It is very beneficial in case of physical weakness of women.
Read more: आयुर्वेदिक जड़ी बूटी: अमर Guduchi
What is Guduchi(Giloy)?
You must have heard the name of Giloy, but do you know what it is like to see Giloy. Let us discuss in detail to know about the identity of Giloy and the medicinal properties of Giloy.
Giloy Amrita, Amritvalli means a huge vine that never dries up. Its stem looks like a rope. Roots emerge from its soft stems and branches. It bears clusters of yellow and green flowers. Its leaves are soft and betel-shaped and the fruits are like peas.
The tree on which it climbs, some qualities of that tree also come in it. That is why Giloy climbed on the neem tree is considered the best. According to modern Ayurvedacharyas (medicians), Giloy also eliminates harmful bacteria from stomach worms. Inhibits the growth of the bacteria that cause TB disease. Along with the intestinal and urinary systems, it also eliminates microbes that affect the entire body.
Many species of Giloy are found, mainly the following species are used for medicine.
- गिलोय (Tinosporacordifolia (Willd.) Miers)
- Tinosporacrispa (L.) Hook. f. & Thomson 3. Tinospora sinensis (Lour.) Merr. (Syn- Tinospora malabarica (Lam.) Hook. f. & Thomson)
Names of Guduchi(Giloy) in Many Languages (Giloy Called in Different Languages)
Giloy Latin name Tinospora Kordifolia ( Tinospora Cordifolia (Willd.) Miers, Syn-Menispermum is Cordifolium Willd.) And Manisprmesi (Menispermaceae) total. It is also known by these names:-
Giloy in –
- Hindi (Giloy in Hindi) – Gaduchi, Giloy, Amrita
- English – Indian tinospora, Heart leaved tinospora, Moon seed, Gulancha tinospora; Tinospora
- Bengali (Giloy in Bengali) – Gulancha, Palo gandcha, Giloy
- Sanskrit – वत्सादनी, छिन्नरुहा, गुडूची, तत्रिका, अमृता, मधुपर्णी, अमृतलता, छिन्ना, अमृतवल्ली, भिषक्प्रिया
- Oriya – Gulancha, Gulochi
- Kannada – Amrutavalli, Amritvalli, Yuganivalli, Madhuparni
- Gujarati – Gulvel, Gallo
- Goa – Amritbel
- Tamil – अमृदवल्ली (Amridavalli), शिन्दिलकोडि (Shindilkodi)
- Telugu – Tippatige, Amrita, Guduchi
- Nepali – Gurjo
- Punjabi – गिलोगुलरिच (Gilogularich), गरहम (Garham), पालो (Palo)
- Marathi – Gulvel, Ambervel
- Malayalam – अम्रितु (Amritu), पेयामृतम (Peyamrytam), चित्तामृतु (Chittamritu)
- Arabic – गिलो (Gilo)
- Persian – Gulbel, Giloy
Guduchi(Giloy) Benefits and Uses
The medicinal properties of Giloy and the benefits of Giloy are used as a treatment for many diseases, but the harm of Giloy in many diseases can also affect health. Therefore, it is important to have the correct knowledge of the medicinal use of Giloy, the amount and method of use.
Benefits of Guduchi(Giloy) to Cure Eye Disease
The medicinal properties of Giloy help a lot in relieving eye diseases. For this, mix 1-1 grams of honey and rock salt in 10 ml of Giloy juice and grind it very well in a scab. Apply it like kajal in the eyes. Darkness, prickling, and black and white cataract diseases are cured by this.
Make a decoction by mixing Triphala in Giloy juice. Mixing one gram of Pippali powder and honey in 10-20 ml decoction and taking it in the morning and evening improves eyesight. While consuming Giloy, one thing has to be kept in mind that only if it is consumed in the right quantity and in the right way, the eyes can get the benefits of Giloy in the right way.
Uses of Guduchi(Giloy) in Eye Disorder
Grind the stem of Giloy in water and make it lukewarm. Putting it in the ear 2 to 2 drops twice a day removes ear scum. The benefits of giloy can be found if used properly to get relief from ear disease. The medicinal properties of Giloy help in removing scum from the ear without causing any harm, it also causes damage to the ears.
Use Guduchi (Giloy) to Stop Hiccup (Giloy Benefits to Stop Hiccup)
Smelling the powders of Giloy and dry ginger as a nasal spray stops hiccups. Make a chutney of Giloy powder and dry ginger powder. Taking milk mixed with it also stops hiccups. The benefits of Giloy can be used in the right amount only when you use it properly.
Guduchi (Giloy) Uses in TB Disease Treatment
The medicinal properties of Giloy help in getting rid of the problems of TB disease, but to make them in the form of medicine, a decoction needs to be made by mixing them with all these things. Make a decoction of Ashwagandha, Giloy, Shatavar, Dashmool, Balamool, Adusa, Pohkarmool and Atis in equal parts. By taking 20-30 ml decoction in the morning and evening, Rajayakshama means TB disease is cured. Milk should be consumed during this time. Only consuming it properly can fully benefit from the benefits of Giloy in Tuberculosis (TB disease).
Benefits of Guduchi(Giloy) to Stop Vomiting
If vomiting occurs due to acidity, mix 4-6 grams sugar candy in 10 ml Giloy juice. Drinking it in the morning and evening stops vomiting. Mix 15 to 30 grams of honey in 125-250 ml chutney of Giloy.
Consuming it thrice a day ends the problem of vomiting. Taking 20-30 ml decoction of Guduchi mixed with honey ends vomiting due to fever. If you are troubled by vomiting and to take full advantage of the benefits of Giloy, consume it properly.
Guduchi(Giloy) is Beneficial in Fighting with Constipation
Due to the medicinal properties of Giloy, taking jaggery with 10-20 ml juice provides relief in constipation. Make a decoction by boiling dry ginger, motha, atees and giloy in equal parts in water. Drinking this decoction in the amount of 20-30 ml in the morning and evening provides relief from the problem of indigestion and constipation. To fully take advantage of the benefits of Giloy, it is also necessary to use Giloy properly.
Guduchi(Giloy) Uses in Piles Treatment
Take equal parts (20 grams) of myrobalan, giloy and coriander and cook them in half a liter of water. When one-fourth remains, make a decoction by boiling it. Drinking this decoction by adding jaggery in the morning and evening cures piles. The benefits of giloy can be fully obtained only after making a decoction and drinking it.
Benefits of Guduchi(Giloy) in Jaundice Disease (Giloy Benefits in Fighting with Jaundice)
The medicinal properties of Giloy help a lot in relieving jaundice. To take advantage of the benefits of Giloy, it is also important to use it properly.
- Mixing 2 teaspoons of honey in 20-30 ml decoction of Giloy and taking it three to four times a day is beneficial in jaundice.
- Grind 10-20 leaves of Giloy, mix it in a glass of buttermilk and filter it and drink it in the morning, it cures jaundice.
- Wearing a garland made of small pieces of the stem of Giloy is beneficial in jaundice.
- Hog , make neem bark, sespadula leaves, ginger, Ktuki, Giloy, barberry, about 20 grams of Harad 320 ml cooked brew water. Taking 20 ml of this decoction in the morning and evening is beneficial in jaundice, all kinds of bloating, stomach diseases, armpit pain, shortness of breath and anemia.
- Take one liter of Giloy juice, 250 grams of Giloy paste, four liters of milk and one kg of ghee and cook it on low flame. When only ghee remains, filter it and keep it. Mixing 10 grams of this ghee in quadruple cow’s milk and drinking it in the morning and evening is beneficial in anemia, jaundice and elephantiasis.
Guduchi(Giloy) Helps in Liver Disorder
Take 18 grams fresh Giloy, 2 grams parsley, 2 nos. small peepal and 2 nos. Neem and take it. Mash them all and keep them in an earthen pot with 250 ml of water at night. Grind it in the morning, filter it and give it a drink. If taken for 15 to 30 days, problems of liver and stomach and indigestion are cured.
Use of Guduchi(Giloy) in the disease of diabetes (Uses of Giloy in Control Diabetes)
The way Giloy is beneficial in controlling diabetes, but those who have less diabetes complaints, the loss of Giloy can also affect their health.
- Take Giloy , Khas, Pathani Lodhra, Anjan, Red Sandalwood, Nagarmotha, Amla, Harad. Along with this, take parwal leaves, neem bark and Padmakashth. Take all these liquids in equal quantity and grind them together, filter them and keep them. Take 10 grams of this powder and mix it with honey and consume it thrice a day. It is beneficial in diabetes.
- Mixing 2 teaspoons of honey in 10-20 ml juice of Giloy and drinking it 2-3 times a day is also beneficial in diabetes.
- Mixing 3 grams of honey in one gram of Giloy extract and taking it in the morning and evening provides relief in diabetes.
- Drinking 10 ml of Giloy juice is beneficial in diabetes, fever due to vata disorder and typhoid.
Guduchi(Giloy) Cures Urinary Problems
In 10-20 ml juice of Guduchi, mix 2 grams stone bheda powder and 1 teaspoon honey. Consuming it three to four times a day is beneficial in the disease of intermittent urination.
Benefits of Giloy in Arthritis Treatment in Hindi
Taking 5-10 ml juice or 3-6 grams powder or 10-20 grams paste or 20-30 ml decoction of Giloy for some time daily gives the benefits of Giloy completely and is very effective in arthritis. There is benefit. Joint pain also ends by consuming it with dry ginger.
Use to take advantage of filariasis (filaria) Giloy (Giloy Uses In Cure Filaria)
Mix 30 ml mustard oil in 10-20 ml giloy juice. Drinking it every morning and evening on an empty stomach is beneficial in elephantiasis or filariasis.
Treatment of leprosy with Giloy (Giloy Benefits in Leprosy Treatment in Hindi)
Taking 10-20 ml of Giloy juice twice or thrice a day regularly for a few months is beneficial in leprosy.
Guduchi(Giloy) is Beneficial in Fighting with Fever
- Mash 40 grams of Giloy well and keep it in an earthen pot. Mix it with 250 ml of water and keep it covered overnight. Use it in the morning after straining it. Taking 20 ml of this thrice a day cures chronic fever.
- Mix one gram of Pippali and one spoon of honey in 20 ml of Giloy juice. Taking it in the morning and evening cures diseases like chronic fever, phlegm, enlargement of spleen, cough, anorexia etc.
- Take bark of the root of Bel , Arani, Gambhari, Shyonak (Sonpatha) and Padal. Along with this, take Giloy, Amla, Coriander. Take equal quantity of all these and make a decoction of them. Taking 20-30 ml decoction twice a day ends fever caused by gout disorders.
- Mix jaggery in a decoction (20-30 ml) made from dry grapes, giloy, gambhari, triamana and sariva. By drinking it or mixing jaggery in equal parts of guduchi and asparagus juice (10-20 ml) it ends fever caused by vata disorder.
- Mix pippali powder in 20-30 ml decoction of Guduchi. Apart from this, taking Pippali powder mixed with decoction (20-30 ml) of small kateri, dry ginger and guduchi ends fever, shortness of breath, dry cough and pain caused by vata and kaphaja disorders.
- Taking 20-40 ml of Guduchi chutney mixed with sugar candy in the morning is beneficial in fever caused by bile disorders.
- Make a decoction by mixing equal quantities of Guduchi, Sariva, Lodhra, Kamal and Neelkamal or Guduchi, Amla and Parpat. Drinking this decoction mixed with sugar is beneficial in fever caused by bile disorders.
- Mixing honey in 25-50 ml decoction made of Guduchi, Neem and Amla in equal quantity, it provides relief in severe condition of fever.
- Filter 100 grams of Guduchi powder with a cloth. Mix 16 grams of jaggery, honey and cow’s ghee in it. Make laddus and eat it daily according to the digestive capacity. It is beneficial in diseases like chronic fever, rheumatism, eye disease etc. This also enhances the memory.
- Cook ghee with Giloy’s juice and paste. Chronic fever is cured by consuming it.
- Drink 50 ml decoction of Giloy and Brihat Panchmool in equal quantity by mixing 1 gram of Pippali powder and 5-10 grams of honey. Apart from this, after cooling the decoction of Guduchi, drink a quarter of honey mixed with it. Apart from this, you can also drink 500 mg Pippali powder and 5-6 grams of honey mixed in 25 ml Guduchi juice. It cures chronic fever, dry cough and increases appetite.
- Taking Pippali powder mixed with Guduchi decoction is beneficial in severe condition of fever. The patient of fever should eat a vegetable made of Guduchi leaves as a diet.
- Vedi Giloy Ghanvati is also beneficial.
Guduchi(Giloy) cures acidity problem
- Taking 10-20 ml juice of Giloy with jaggery and sugar candy is beneficial in acidity.
- The problem of acidity is cured by drinking 20-30 ml decoction of Giloy or mixing 2 spoons honey in chutney
- Apart from this, prepare a decoction by taking equal parts of Adusa bark, Giloy and small bowl in 10-30 ml decoction and cooking it in half liter of water. After cooling, mixing honey in 10-30 ml decoction ends swelling, dry cough, shortness of breath, fever and acidity.
Use Giloy in cough disease – Giloy is Beneficial in Cure Cough
Taking Giloy with honey provides relief from the problem of phlegm.
Guduchi(Giloy) is Beneficial for Healthy Heart
Taking black pepper with lukewarm water ends chest pain. This experiment should be done regularly for at least seven days.
Use of Giloy Beneficial in Cancer
In the Ancient time Ashram of Risshi Munni, many blood cancer patients were fed giloy juice mixed with wheat germ. It benefited a lot. It is being used even today and it is of great benefit to the patients.
Take giloy, about 2 feet long and thick as a finger, 10 grams of green leaves of wheat. Add a little water to it and grind it. Squeeze it with a cloth and use it on an empty stomach in the amount of 1 cup. Consuming this juice along with the medicine of Ayurveda Ashram helps in curing terrible diseases like cancer.
How Much to Consume Guduchi(Giloy)?
Decoction – 20-30 ml
Juice – 20 ml
Use as per doctor’s advice for maximum benefit.
How to Use Guduchi(Giloy)?
Side Effects of Guduchi(Giloy)
Like the benefits of Giloy, there can also be disadvantages of Giloy:-
Giloy reduces diabetes. Therefore, those who have less diabetes complaints, they should not consume Giloy.
Apart from this, it should not be consumed even during pregnancy.
Where is Guduchi(Giloy) Found or Grown?
It is found everywhere in India. Giloy is found from Kumaon to Assam, from Bihar and from Konkan to Karnataka. It is found up to an altitude of about 1,000 meters above sea level.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ Related to Guduchi(Giloy) in Hindi)
1- Is consuming Giloy in winter beneficial for health?
According to Ayurvedic practitioners, Giloy has medicinal properties that help in reducing cough, cold or seasonal fever that occurs in winter . That is why people are advised to consume Giloy in winters . You can consume Giloy in the form of powder, juice or tablet during the winter season .
2- Does drinking Giloy juice increase immunity?
According to Ayurveda, Giloy has immunity-boosting properties . If you often fall ill when the weather changes, it shows that your body’s ability to fight diseases is weak . In such a situation, consuming Giloy juice can be very useful for you . With its regular consumption, the body does not fall ill quickly and many diseases are protected .
3- When and how should Giloy juice be consumed?
If you have Giloy plant at home, then you can extract its juice at home . By the way, Giloy juice is easily available in the market nowadays . You can take this juice at any time, but consuming it before breakfast in the morning is considered more beneficial . Drink the same amount of water mixed with the amount of juice prescribed by the doctor .
4- Should Giloy Ghan Vati be consumed to prevent corona virus?
According to Ayurvedic practitioners, it is important to have strong immunity to protect against corona virus infection . In such a situation, the consumption of Giloy Ghan Vati is very useful because it is an effective Ayurvedic medicine to increase immunity . According to the advice of the doctor, take Giloy Ghanvati regularly, it is helpful in preventing many other infections including Kovid-19 .