Introduction of Guduchi
You may have heard many things about Guduchi and may have also known some of the benefits of Guduchi, but it is sure that you will not know as much about Guduchi as we are going to tell you. A lot of beneficial things have been told in Ayurvedic texts about Guduchi. In Ayurveda, it has been considered as a chemical which is good for health.
Guduchi leaves are astringent, bitter and pungent in taste. Vata-bile and phlegm can be cured by using Giloy. It is easy to digest, increases appetite, and is also beneficial for the eyes. You can use Guduchi to benefit from thirst, burning sensation, diabetes, leprosy and jaundice. Along with this, it increases semen and intelligence and is also used in fever, vomiting, dry cough, hiccups, hemorrhoids, tuberculosis, urinary disease. It provides a lot of benefit in case of physical weakness of women.
What is Guduchi?
You must have heard Guduchi’s name, but do you know what Guduchi is like? To discuss the identity of Guduchi and the medicinal properties of Guduchi, let us discuss in detail.
Guduchi Amrita, Amritavalli means a large creeper that never dries up. Its stem looks like a rope. Its soft stem and branches originate from the roots. It has bunches of yellow and green flowers. Its leaves are soft and betel-shaped and fruits are like peas.
Some properties of the tree on which it climbs also fall into it. That is why Guduchi climbing neem tree is considered to be the best. According to modern Ayurvedacharyas (medical practitioners), Guduchi kills harmful bacteria and stomach worms. Inhibits the growth of bacteria that causes TB disease. It kills the germs affecting the gut and urin system as well as the entire body.+
Guduchi Called in Different Languages
Guduchi’s Latin name is Tinospora cordifolia ( Tinospora cordifolia (Willd.) Miers, Syn-Menispermum cordifolium Willd.) And is a genus Menispermaceae. It is also known by these names: –
Guduchi in Different Languages –
- Hindi (Giloy) – Giloy, Amrita
- Sanskrit (गुडूची)
- English – Indian tinospora, Heart leaved tinospora, Moon seed, Gulancha tinospora; Tinospora
- Bengali (Giloy in Bengali) – Gulancha, Palo gandcha, Giloe
- Sanskrit – वत्सादनी, छिन्नरुहा, गुडूची, तत्रिका, अमृता, मधुपर्णी, अमृतलता, छिन्ना, अमृतवल्ली, भिषक्प्रिया
- Oriya – Gulancha, Gulochi
- Kannada – अमृथावल्ली (Amrutavalli), अमृतवल्ली (Amritvalli), युगानीवल्ली (Yuganivalli), मधुपर्णी (Madhuparni)
- Gujarati – Gulvel, Galo
- Goa – Amrytbel
- Tamil – अमृदवल्ली (Amridavalli), शिन्दिलकोडि (Shindilkodi)
- Telugu – Tippatige, Amrita, Guduchi
- Nepali – Gurjo
- Punjabi – गिलोगुलरिच (Gilogularich), गरहम (Garham), पालो (Palo)
- Marathi – Gulavel, Ambarvel
- Malayalam – अम्रितु (Amritu), पेयामृतम (Peyamrytam), चित्तामृतु (Chittamritu)
- Arabic – गिलो (Gilo)
- Persian – Gulbel, Giloe
Guduchi Benefits and Uses
The medicinal properties of Guduchi and the benefits of Guduchi are used as a treatment for many diseases, but in many diseases, loss of Guduchi can also affect health. Therefore, it is important to have a good knowledge of Guduchi‘s medicinal uses, quantity and method of use-
Benefits of Guduchi to Cure Eye Disease
The medicinal properties of Guduchi help a lot in relieving eye diseases. For this, mix 1-1 gram honey and rock salt in 10 ml Giloy juice and grind it very well in Kharl. Apply it in the eyes like mascara. It cures dark sores, pricks, and black and white cataract diseases.
Make a decoction by adding Triphala to Guduchi juice. Mixing one gram of Pippali powder and honey in 10-20 ml decoction and taking it in the morning and evening increases the light of the eyes. While consuming Guduchi, one thing has to be kept in mind that only the right amount of benefits of Guduchi (giloy ke fayde) can be given to the eyes only if it is consumed in the right amount and in the right way.
Uses of Giloy in Eye Disorder
Grind the stem of Giloy in water and make it lukewarm. Putting 2-2 drops in the ear twice a day removes the dirt of the ear. If used properly to get relief from ear disease, the benefits of Giloy (giloy ke fayde) can be found. The medicinal properties of Giloy help in removing the dirt from the ear without causing any harm, it also causes damage to the ears.
Use Guduchi to prevent hiccups
Smelling the powder of giloy and dry ginger like a sniffer stops hiccups. Make a sauce of Giloy powder and dry ginger powder. Mixing and feeding milk in it also stops hiccups. The benefits of Giloy (giloy ke fayde) can be used in right quantity only when you use them properly.
Guduchi uses in TB disease treatment
The medicinal properties of Giloy help in relieving the problems of TB disease, but to make them as medicines, it is necessary to make a decoction by mixing these things together. Make a decoction by taking Ashwagandha, Giloy, Shatavar, Dashmool, Balamool, Adusa, Pohakarmool and Atis in equal portions. Taking 20-30 ml decoction in the morning and evening cures Rajyakshma. During this time, milk should be consumed. Only by taking it properly can you fully benefit from the benefits of Giloy (tuberculosis) in tuberculosis (TB disease).
Vomiting stops by the use of Guduchi (Benefits of Giloy to Stop Vomiting)
If vomiting occurs due to acidity, add 4-6 grams of sugar candy in 10 ml Giloy juice. Vomiting stops by drinking it in the morning and evening. Mix 15 to 30 grams of honey in 125-250 ml sauce of Giloy.
The problem of vomiting is cured by taking it thrice a day. Drinking 20-30 ml Guduchi’s decoction and drinking honey stops the vomiting caused due to fever. If you are troubled by vomiting and take it properly to take full advantage of Giloy ke fayde.
Guduchi is Beneficial in Fighting with Constipation
Due to the medicinal properties of Giloy, taking jaggery with 10-20 ml of juice gives relief in constipation. Make a decoction by boiling dry ginger, motha, atis and giloy in equal parts. Drinking 20-30 ml of this decoction in the morning and evening gives relief from indigestion and constipation problem. It is also necessary to use Giloy properly to fully take advantage of Giloy ke fayde.
Guduchi Uses in Piles Treatment
Boil equal quantity (20 grams) of myrabalan chebulie, tinospora and coriander and cook it in half a liter of water. When a quarter remains, make a decoction after boiling it. Pouring jaggery in this decoction and drinking it in the morning and evening cures piles. The benefits of Giloy (giloy ke fayde) can be fully attained only after making a decoction.
Guduchi benefits in jaundice disease (Giloy Benefits in Fighting with Jaundice)
The medicinal properties of Giloy help a lot in relieving jaundice. It is also necessary to use it properly to reap the benefits of Giloy.
- Mixing two spoons of honey in 20-30 ml decoction of Giloy and giving it thrice a day is beneficial in jaundice.
- Jaundice is cured by grinding 10-20 leaves of Giloy with a glass of buttermilk and filtering and drinking in the morning.
- Wearing a garland of small pieces of Giloy’s stem provides relief in jaundice.
- Hog , make neem bark, sespadula leaves, ginger, Ktuki, Giloy, barberry, about 20 grams of Harad 320 ml cooked brew water. Drinking 20 milliliters of this decoction in the morning and evening provides relief in jaundice, all types of swelling, stomach diseases, pain in the armpits, breathlessness and loss of blood.
- Cook one liter of Giloy juice, 250 grams of Giloy paste, four liters of milk and one kilo of ghee on a low flame. When the ghee remains only, then filter it. Mixing 10 grams of this ghee with quadruple cow’s milk and drinking it in the morning and evening provides relief in blood loss, jaundice and Hathipaon disease.
Guduchi Helps in Liver Disorder
Take 18 grams fresh Giloy, 2 grams parsley, 2 pieces of small peepal and 2 pieces of neem. Crush all these and keep them in an earthen pot with 250 ml of water at night. Grind, sieve and drink it in the morning. Taking for 15 to 30 days cures the problems of liver and stomach problems and indigestion.
Uses of Guduchi in Control Diabetes
The way Giloy is beneficial in controlling diabetes but those who have low diabetes, they can also affect their health due to the loss of Giloy.
- Take Giloy , Khas, Pathani Lodhra, Anjan, Lal Chandan, Nagarmotha, Aavla, Harad. Along with this, take Parwal leaf, Neem bark and Padmakastha. Take equal amount of all these liquids and grind them and filter them. Mix 10 grams of this powder with honey and drink it thrice a day. It is beneficial in diabetes.
- Mixing two spoons of honey in 10-20 ml juice of Giloy and drinking two to three times a day also helps in diabetes.
- Mixing 3 grams of honey in one gram of Giloy extract and taking it in the morning and evening provides relief in diabetes.
- Drinking 10 ml of Giloy juice is beneficial in diabetes, fever due to gout disorder and typhoid.
Guduchi Cures Urinary Problems in Urinary Disease (Intermittent Urination)
Mix 2 grams of stone powder and 1 teaspoon honey in 10-20 ml juice of Guduchi. Taking it three to four times a day is beneficial in intermittent urination.
Benefits of Guduchi in Arthritis Treatment
Consuming 5-10 ml juice of Giloy or 3-6 grams powder or 10-20 grams paste or 20-30 ml decoction daily for some time gives the benefits of Giloy (giloy ke fayde) completely and in extreme arthritis Benefit. Joint pain is also cured by taking it with dry ginger.
Use to take advantage of filariasis (filaria) Guduchi (Giloy Uses In Cure Filaria In Hindi)
Mix 30 ml mustard oil in 10-20 ml Giloy juice. Drinking it daily in the morning and evening on an empty stomach is beneficial in Hathipaon or Filaria disease.
Guduchi‘s treatment of leprosy (leprosy) disease (Giloy Benefits in Leprosy Treatment)
Regular feeding of 10-20 milliliters of Giloy juice twice or thrice a day for a few months is beneficial in leprosy.
Guduchi is Beneficial in Fighting with Fever
- Crush 40 grams of Giloy and keep it in an earthenware pot. Mix 250 ml of water and keep it covered overnight. Use it in the morning by mashing it. Chronic fever is cured by drinking 20 ml thrice a day.
- Mix one gram of Pippali and one teaspoon of honey in 20 ml of Giloy juice. Taking it in the morning and evening cures chronic fever, phlegm, spleen, cough, anorexia etc.
- Take the bark of vine , arani, gambhari, shionak (sonapatha) and root of Padhal. Along with this, take Giloy, Amla, Coriander. Prepare their decoction by taking equal quantity of all these. Consuming 20-30 ml decoction twice a day cures fever caused by gout disorder.
- Add jaggery to the decoction (20-30 ml) made of dry grapes, Giloy, Gambhari, Triamana and Sariva. Drinking it or mixing jaggery in equal portions of Guduchi and Asparagus juice (10-20 ml) reduces fever caused by Vata disorder.
- Mix Pippali powder in 20-30 ml Guduchi’s decoction. Apart from this, drinking Pippali powder in a decoction (20-30 ml) of Chhoti Kateri, dry ginger and Guduchi is useful to cure fever, breathlessness, dry cough and pain due to vata and kaphaj disorder.
- Mixing sugar candy in 20-40 ml Guduchi chutney in the morning and drinking it is beneficial in fever caused by bile disorder.
- Make a decoction by mixing equal quantity of Guduchi, Sariva, Lodhra, Lotus and Neelkamal or Guduchi, Amla and Parpat. Mixing sugar in this decoction and drinking it is beneficial in fever caused by bile disorder.
- Mixing honey in equal quantity of 25-50 ml decoction made of Guduchi, Neem and Amla is beneficial in the serious condition of fever.
- Sieve 100 grams of Guduchi powder with a cloth. Add 16-16 grams of jaggery, honey and cow’s ghee to it. Make laddus and eat it daily according to digestive capacity. It is beneficial in chronic fever, arthritis, eye disease etc. It also increases memory.
- Cook ghee with Giloy juice and paste. Chronic fever is cured by taking it.
- Drink an equal quantity of 1 gram of Pippali powder and 5-10 grams of honey in 50 ml decoction of Giloy and large Panchmool. Apart from this, after cooling Guduchi decoction, drink a quarter honey mixed with it. Apart from this, you can also drink 500 mg Pippali powder and 5-6 grams of honey mixed in 25 ml Guduchi juice. It cures chronic fever, dry cough problem and increases appetite.
- Taking Pippali powder mixed with Guduchi decoction is beneficial in the case of fever. The patient of fever should eat vegetable herbs of Guduchi leaves as a diet.
- Taking Giljoy Ghanwati of Vedi is also beneficial.
Guduchi Cure Acidity
- Taking 10-20 ml juice of Giloy with jaggery and sugar candy provides relief in acidity.
- Drinking 20-30 ml decoction of Giloy or 2 teaspoons of honey in a sauce is useful to cure acidity.
- Apart from this, prepare decoction by boiling Adusa bark, Giloy and small bowl in 10-30 ml decoction in half a liter of water. After cooling, drinking honey mixed with 10-30 ml decoction is useful to cure swelling, dry cough, rapid breathing, fever and acidity.
Use of Guduchi in phlegm disease
Consuming Giloy with honey relieves the discomfort of phlegm.
Guduchi is Beneficial for Healthy Heart for healthy heart
Taking black pepper with lukewarm water cures chest pain. This experiment should be done regularly for at least seven days.
Use of Giloy beneficial in cancer
In Indian Risshi Munni Ashram, several blood cancer patients were fed a mixture of wheat sorghum with wheat sorghum. It benefited a lot. It is still being used today and it benefits the patients immensely.
Take Giloy, about 10 feet long and one finger thick, green leaves of 10 grams of wheat. Add a little water and grind it. Squeeze it with a cloth and use 1 cup on an empty stomach. Consuming this juice with the medicine of Ayurveda Ashram helps in curing terrible diseases like cancer.
How Much to Consume Guduchi?
Brew – 20-30 ml
Juice – 20 ml
Use in consultation with a doctor for greater benefits.
How to use Guduchi?
Side Effects of Guduchi
Like Giloy’s benefits, Giloy can also have its disadvantages: –
Giloy reduces diabetes (diabetes). Therefore, those who are complaining of low diabetes, do not consume Giloy.
Apart from this, it should not be consumed even during pregnancy.
Where is Guduchi Found or Grown?
It is found in all places in India. Giloy meets Kumaon to Assam, Bihar and Konkan to Karnataka. It is found up to an altitude of about 1,000 meters above sea level.
Frequently asked questions related to Guduchi
1- Is it beneficial for your health to consume Giloy in winter?
According to Ayurvedic practitioners, Giloy has medicinal properties that help reduce coughs or colds or seasonal fevers that occur in winter . That is why people are advised to consume Giloy in winter . In winter, you can consume Giloy in the form of powder, juice or tablet .
2- Does drinking Guduchi juice increase immunity?
According to Ayurveda, Giloy has immunity enhancing properties of the body . If you often fall ill when the weather changes, then it shows that your body’s power to fight against diseases is weak . In this case, it can be very useful for you to take Giloy juice . Regular intake of the body does not make the body sick very quickly and protects against many diseases .
3- When and how to drink Guduchi juice?
If you have a Giloy plant at your home, you can remove its juice at home . By the way, Giloy juice is easily available in the market nowadays . You can take this juice at any time, but it is considered more beneficial before breakfast in the morning . Add the same quantity of water as advised by the doctor and drink it .
4- Should Guduchi Cu Vati be consumed to prevent corona virus?
According to Ayurvedic practitioners, immunity must be strong to prevent infection with the corona virus . In this case, the consumption of Giloy Ghan Vati is very useful because it is an effective Ayurvedic medicine to increase immunity . Take Giloy Ghanvati regularly as per the advice of the doctor, it is helpful in preventing many other infections including Covid-19 .